This day is so special to me. I have many to thank, but in particular some that have pushed me to be better.
1. My dad for inspiring me to make education a priority. Even in his late 70's, he continues to learn and be an example to his grandchildren.
2. My mom for helping me see through people to find a true intent. That candid discernment continues to follow her where ever she goes.
3. My uncle Jose for telling me that I was a "virtuous woman" when I was barely an 18 year old. When I have been at my lowest moments, I have felt valued and powerful by the words he spoke to me when I was young.
4. My beautiful Ria, for asking me during her first grade project, "Mom, what DO you do?" That meant I had to work harder at showing her what an important role I was playing. Although, the society we live in does not value the work of a mother, I perhaps had joined the thought that moms where not important. From that moment, I swore I would highlight women that work so hard at home as well as in their profession.
5. All of my aunts, sisters and friends that love me and continue to see potential in me.
To you all, thank you so much because there are days that I really need to remind myself of how blessed I am. WOMEN, keep educating yourself, be real, find positive words about yourself and be ACTIVE in the change that is taking place in OUR world.
I enjoy sharing meaningful events.
Mona Chavez is a community advocate, volunteer, entrepreneur, world traveler, and blogger.